Have a technical interview lined up with Debt Capital Markets (DCM)? Then make sure you can answer each of the below questions competently. Your job depends on it!
1. Describe four key differences between debt and equity.
2. What is leverage?
3. Why might a bond sell at a discount to par?
4. What’s the difference between the clean price and the dirty price of a bond?
5. What is credit risk?
6. What’s a callable bond?
7. What is a yield curve?
8. Can you explain the shape of the yield curve?
9. What is an FX forward?
10. What are options?
11. You’re running a US company but have issued a GBP bond:
Book a mock interview to ace that interview!
Best of luck!!
I created my investment banking blog in 2012 as soon as I resigned from i-banking & published my book, To Become An Investment Banker.
Initially published at girlbanker.com, all posts have now been subsumed into my personal website under katsonga.com/GirlBanker.
These blog posts make it as straight-forward for you as possible to get into a top tier investment bank.
I have 7 years of front office i-banking experience from Goldman Sachs and HSBC, in both classic IBD (corporate finance) and Derivatives (DCM / FICC).
I'm also a CFA survivor having passed all three levels on the first attempt within 18 months - the shortest time possible.