It's getting harder isn't it? Over the winter large hot meals look ever more inviting, going outside for a jog is the last thing you want to do on most days and the couch keeps saying, "get your duvet and come hang with me". Well, if you're not facing these problems, "lucky you", is all I can say.
I personally prefer outdoor exercise and last year, for the first ever, I managed to maintain my outside jogging regime through the winter. This year, I can add running in the rain to my ever more hardcore exercise profile (it wasn't planned, I'm not that mad!). Here are a few tips for maintaining your motivation during the winter:
1. Go out around midday (somewhere between 12 and 2 p.m.), even during the winter, it's always warmer around then.
2. Wear more layers as it gets colder. I normally wear three layers on the coldest days. A long sleeved shirt, a t-shirt and a sweat shirt.
3. Wear gloves. They really help to keep you warm.
4. Get a running mate. I prefer to run alone because I think better if I am on my own but some people find it harder to skip their jog if there's someone else that would be disappointed.
5. Don't over do it. I only jog outside twice a week, 5km each time. If my target was higher than this I probably wouldn't go out at all.
6. Exercise indoors. Get a DVD that you like. You'll be more inclined to do the work out routines if they are no more 30 or 45 minutes.
7. TV time is work out time. I never used to exercise when I was watching TV but I've found it to be a most convenient time to work on my leg drops (I'm trying to build my resistance) and an even better time to lift weights. If you manage to do just 15 minutes that's good enough.
If the weather is really bad: snow or rain, that's a good reason not to go out. If you injure yourself you won't be able to exercise for a very long time so if there's a week when you simply can't go out, then don't.
Obviously, if you live in a country that is covered in snow for much of the winter it makes much more sense to join a gym during the winter months. Fortunately for me, London does not usually get snowed over for more than a week throughout the winter period.
Although your personal finances and your business success are my primary interest, I believe you only operate at peak efficiency when you're fit and healthy. If you feel good, it filters through to your work. To help you with that, click for your free ebook: The Quick Guide to Sexy