This conference leads to internship opportunities. Apply to go to the UCL-FC.
Have a technical interview lined up in corporate finance (a.k.a. IBD)? Then make sure you can answer each of the below questions competently. Your job depends on it!
1. What is the difference between a buy-side advisor and a sell-side advisor? Which would you prefer?
2. Do you know any valuation metrics? Describe them.
3. What do you think about the current state of the US economy?
4. Explain one important way in which a balance sheet is different from both an income statement and a cash flow statement.
5. What is leverage?
6. Do you know any leverage ratios? Which ones?
7. What is WACC?
8. What is the capital asset pricing model?
9. Describe five synergies that would result from a merger between Vodafone and Sky TV.
10. Tell me about 3 businesses that are probably flourishing in the current economic environment and explain why you think they would be flourishing.
11. Tell me about a stock you like and why.
12. What type of information goes into a pitch book?
Book a mock interview to ace that interview!
Best of luck!!
I created my investment banking blog in 2012 as soon as I resigned from i-banking & published my book, To Become An Investment Banker.